Labor & Delivery
Your delivery at Huntsville Hospital for Women & Children begins with the warm, welcoming environment of our expansive birthing suites. Most moms find this atmosphere more supportive because family members are welcome to share the experience.
Our centralized Fetal Monitoring System allows our staff to watch over you and your baby at all times. This gives us the ability to respond quickly to emergencies.
If circumstances arise and a cesarean birth is necessary, mothers are carefully prepared in their suite before moving to our dedicated operating rooms, just steps away. That's important when minutes count.
Amenities available during your labor & delivery:
- TV & VCR
- 16 Labor & Delivery rooms & private baths
- Sofa bed for dad or other family
- Space for baby to stay in each room
- State of the art fetal monitoring system
- State of the art medical technology, with the look and feel of home
- Child's play area in the waiting room
- 5 Triage rooms to assess early labor and obstetric testing needs
- Separate C-section operating rooms