Wound Care Clinic cares for wounds that have resisted healing, such as:
- Skin ulcers caused by poor blood circulation in the veins and arteries
- Open lesions on the toes & feet
(often a complication in patients with poorly controlled diabetes)
- Wounds from a surgical incision that have not completely closed
- A pressure sore over a bone, often caused by prolonged bed confinement
- Wounds occurring in skin made delicate or thin by disease or medication
- Traumatic wounds that have failed to heal
Benefits of the Wound Care Clinic:
- Covered by most insurance plans
- A team that includes:
- specialty physicians
- certified wound care nurses
- registered nurses
- nutritionist and physical therapist
- After a thorough assessment, a customized treatment plan is done for each patient.
Enrollment at the Wound Care Clinic:
- Enrollment is by physician referral only.
- Physicians will need to call Outpatient Scheduling first at 265-8154
- After the first visit, the Wound Care Clinic will do any follow-up scheduling.
Staff is available: Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
To contact the Wound Care Clinic, call: (256) 265-3052
Blackwell Medical Tower
201 Sivley Road, Suite 210
Huntsville, AL 35801