The Wellness Center offers a variety of classes for all fitness levels. Our group exercises classes are much more than “just aerobics”; they consist of cardio, strength training, flexibilbity and stretching, yoga, pilates and cycle classes. You will be sure to find a class that will be fun, yet challenging, and will help you achieve the results you are looking for.
- Bodypump™ now at the Med Mall location
- Bodypump™ is the original barbell class that strengthens your entire body. This 60-minute workout challenges all of your major muscle groups by using the best weight-room exercises like squats, presses, lifts and curls. Great music, awesome instructors and your choice of weight inspire you to get the results you came for – and fast! Burns up to 600 calories per class. Classes are updated regularly with new music and choreography to keep your workouts exciting, effective and fresh.
- A strengthening and toning exercise program performed in the water. The water acts as resistance to muscles while providing support to joints. Check pool schedule for class times.
- Cardio workout using a stair stepper that also includes body toning/sculpting
- An ancient technique which uses a series of body postures to improve flexibility, strength & balance while also relieving stress
- Body Works
- Overall body sculpting using weights, exercise tubes & balls and your own body weight
- Burn hundreds of calories and get in great shape with this indoor cycling class. Incorporates aerobic training, anaerobic intervals, and high energy music to help you get the results you want. Space is limited, so call the location of your choice to reserve your bike within 48 hours of class. (256) 265-WELL (9355).
- Gut Busters
- Strengthen the abs, obliques, and back
- An aerobics class where you can set your own pace Choose from low or high impact movements
- Classic boxing and kickboxing moves modified for an aerobic toning class
- A no impact form of body conditioning designed to improve posture and correct muscular imbalances while elongating/strengthening muscles without the bulk
- Step Circuit
- A cardio workout alternating between step and resistance moves great for toning muscles and burning fat
- Step it Up
- A cardio step workout consisting of intermediate/advanced choreography combined with some ab work and stretching
- A class of 50 minutes of stretching exercises followed by 10 minutes of relaxation
- Silver Sneakers
- Muscular Strength and Range of Movement (MSROM) - Have fun and move to the music through a
variety of exercises designed to increase muscular strength, range of movement and activity for
daily living skills. Hand-held weights, elastic tubing with handles and a ball are offered for resistance. A chair is used for seated and/or standing support.
- High energy, motivating music with unique moves and combinations allow participants to dance away
their worries. A fusion of Latin and International music dance themes create a dynamic, exciting and
effective fitness system. The routines feature aerobic/fitness interval training with a combination of
fast and slow rhythms that tone and sculpt the body.