The EatRight program is a patient-centered, medically supervised weight management program that closely monitors and assesses progress towards better health and emotional well-being. The program utilizes Optifast, a full meal replacement plan that transitions to self-prepared "everyday" meals in conjunction with comprehensive patient education and support. The EatRight Program is designed for the severely obese, those with a body mass index higher than 35.
EatRight surrounds the patient with a team of health care professionals, including physicians, registered dietitians and lifestyle counselors to help patients achieve long-term weight loss. The goal is to provide patients with expert resources to address, modify and support lifestyle, behavior and diet decisions.
The well-documented weight loss success of the EatRight program is based on the use of meal replacements during the active weight loss phase of the program. The benefits include:
- High quality, complete nutrition
- Pre-portioned and calorie-controlled servings
- Quick and simple preparation
- Freedom from having to make food choices
If you are interested in our EatRight program, you can review our brochure, call us at (256) 265-3072 or talk to your health care provider to see if it is right for you.
The OPTIFAST Program succeeds because it treats the whole you - not just your weight. With OPTIFAST, you'll be closely monitored and given the support, counseling, lifestyle education and meal replacements to help you enjoy long-term weight loss and significantly reduce weight-related health risks.
- Follow-up studies at five years showed over 45% of patients kept enough weight off to improve their health long term.2
- After two years, 40% of patients maintained more than half of their weight loss; 78% of men and 60% of women maintained medically significant weight loss.2
Real People, Real Results.
Check out OPTIFAST Success Stories
1. Wadden TA, et al. A multicenter evaluation of a proprietary weight loss program for the treatment of marked obesity, Arch Intern Med. 1992; 152:961-966.
2. Wadden TA, et al. A multicenter evaluation of a proprietary weight loss program for the treatment of marked obesity: A five year follow-up. Int J East Disord. 1997; 22:203-212.
*The typical OPTIFAST patient lose over 50lbs in 18-24 weeks. For many dieters weight loss is temporary.