Huntsville Hospital Physician Care at Huntsville • (256) 265-1910
Blackwell Medical Tower • 201 Sivley Road, Suite 330 • Huntsville, AL 35801 • Google map
Hours of Service:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday • 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
(closed for lunch Noon to 1 p.m.)
Wednesday • 8 a.m. to Noon
Board certified in Internal Medicine, Dr. Zia Hassan manages all aspects of adult patients' general heath care needs and provides seamless referrals to local specialists as needed. Trust HH Physician Care at Huntsville to provide:
- Care for patients with undefined symptoms and complaints (shortness of breath, chest pain, abdominal pain, back pain, etc.) who need help with diagnosing their illness
- Coordination of care when surgeons and other specialized care providers are involved in the Huntsville area
- Collaborative care of patients with chronic medical illnesses (high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease, emphysema, etc.) throughout various stages of their illness
- Comprehensive management of medical needs for hospitalized patients
Zia Hassan, MD
Kandess Anderson, CRNP
Consultations with Dr. Zia Hassan or nurse practitioner Kandess Anderson are by appointment only.
Appointments may be scheduled by contacting the clinic directly. Be prepared to provide:
- Current insurance information (most insurance accepted)
- Mailing address
- Daytime/evening/cell phone numbers
On the day of your appointment, please allow time for parking and registration. In addition, please bring the following items to your appointment:
- Current insurance card and picture identification
- Current medications or a complete list of medicines with doses, including all over-the-counter medications, herbs and vitamins
- Method of payment
If it is necessary to cancel an appointment, please notify the clinic at least 24 hours in advance. This is an important courtesy to others waiting to schedule an appointment.
Immunizations and Injections
Visits only for immunizations or injections do not require a regular appointment with the physician. However, please call us at least one day in advance so we can make sure to have adequate supplies and staff to assist you.
All messages are given to the appropriate personnel as soon as possible, and every attempt is made to return telephone calls during regular work hours. There are times, however, when we can not answer calls within the same day they are received. Please tell the receptionist if your call is urgent, if it must be returned the same day or if a response is needed by a particular time. Again, so that we can accurately reach you, please confirm your contact telephone numbers with the clinic.
Refills should be requested during regular office visits. Your options for refills outside of office visits include:
- Local pharmacies
- You may call the pharmacy directly and request that a refill request be faxed to the clinic.
- Mail-order pharmacies
- You may contact the mail-order pharmacy directly and request that a refill request be faxed to the clinic.
- When contacting the clinic directly, please be prepared with the name, dosage and frequency of the required medication.
- Controlled substances
- Narcotics or sedative refills must be approved by Dr. Hassan and may not be filled by the on-call physician.
- Please allow 72 hours for refills to be completed.